I m newbie in web hosting field. can anyone tell me what is Domain Aliasing.
Domain aliasing, or domain stacking, is creating additional domain names that would point to the IP of a different domain. For example, if your domain name is cpwebhosting.net, you can register another domain name, e.g. cpwebhosting.com and have it point to the location of cpwebhosting.net. This means, every Internet user who goes to cpwebhosting.com will land in cpwebhosting.net.
A domain alias may have:
* its own DNS zone;
* custom DNS records;
* separate mail service.
To create a new domain alias, do the following:
1. Register the alias, exactly as you register domain names.
2. Select Domain Info link in Domain Settings menu.
3. Click the Add icon in the Domain Aliases field at the bottom of the page.
4. Confirm by clicking “Yes, I agree with the additional charges”.
5. Enter the domain alias. This must be a fully qualified domain name, e.g. cpwebhosting.net
* leave the Configure DNS box unchecked if the domain alias is registered on a different DNS server. In this case, DNS for this domain alias will not be maintained and mail service will be inaccessible for this domain alias.
* check the Configure DNS box if you want a DNS record for this domain alias to be created on this hosting server. In this case you’ll be able to create and edit custom DNS records for this domain alias, and Mail Service will be available.