Miva Merchant requires Miva Empresa for web server XML scripting, e-commerce and database capabilities. Like all third party commercial products, Miva Empresa and Miva Merchant are purchased and installed separately from H-Sphere.
how does miva work:-
1. A user logs into the control panel and activates the Miva resource.
2. H-Sphere finds an available license in the database and allocates it to this user.
3. The cgi-bin and mivadata directories are created inside the user’s site directory, if only they haven’t been created earlier.
4. miva.cgi is copied into the cgi-bin directory.
5. miva.cgi is registered in the config file, in which the mivaroot and mivadata variables are defined. mivaroot is configured to be the same as DocumentRoot for Miva-enabled site. mivadata is defined as the mivadata directory outside this user’s site.
6. Permissions to these directories along with their content are changed.
7. Now the user can activate Miva Merchant. Miva Merchant is created using a web-based form containing the fields required by Miva Merchant, though a user can activate the original Miva Merchant installer by entering his site URL followed by /cgi-bin/mivavm?/Merchant2/setup.mvc or his site URL followed by /Merchant2/setup.mvc.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.