There is any facility in H-Sphere control panel through which we can manage our website.
U can use WebShell File Manager and htProtect for managing your site
WebShell allows you to copy, move, delete, and rename files and directories in your home directory on the server. Also, you can use it to upload, download, compress and decompress files as well as preview them in the browser.
Starting from H-Sphere version 2.3, htProtect utility is integrated into WebShell. Protect utility allows you to password-protect any directory on your site so only authorized visitors can open its content with their browsers.
To launch WebShell, click the File Manager icon on the Quick Access page in the Account menu.
WebShell and Protect manuals are available from the WebShell interface, Help button.
Webalizer, ModLogAn and Urchin Web Analyzers are also important features of H-Sphere control panel.
Information about the operation of your site is critical for decision-making. To obtain this information, you need to analyze statistics data that is written to log files in your home directory on the server:
- Error log – stores data about errors generated by the server (e.g. Page Not Found error) or by your CGI scripts;
- Transfer log – stores combined data about every visit to your site, including:
- Remote host IP (i.e. visitor’s IP);
- Time of request (i.e. when visitor requested the page);
- First line of request;
- Error generated by request, if any;
- Size of message sent in response to the request;
- Referrer (i.e. from which page visitor was directed);
- Agent ID (i.e. type of browser or another agent and related information, such as user’s OS, etc.) ;
- Referrer log – stores the list of URLs from which visitors are referred to your site; and
- Agent log – stores data about agents used to enter the site — such as browsers or any other Internet-based software — and all related data.
To enable or disable writing log files, do the following:
- Select domain Info in the Domain Settings menu.
- Click the Edit icon next to the Web Service field.
- On the page that shows, scroll down to the Settings section and click the ON/OFF icon next to the log files.
To view the log files records, do the following:
- Select Quick access in the Account menu and click the Web Options icon.
- Choose the necessary domain
- Scroll down to Log files and click the View icon next to it.
- List of log files shows.
- Click the necessary file and all its records will show.
Note: Entering end in the Line Number field will show a list of records from the tail of a logfile.
The statistics data in the log files is difficult to read. Web analyzers will read log files to produce visual reports in HTML format for viewing through a browser.
To enable these analyzers and view statistics reports for your sites, do the following:
- Select Domain Info in the Domain Settings menu.
- Click the Edit icon next to the Webalizer field.
- On the page that shows, click OFF to switch it to ON next to the Webalizer field.
- Click the Apply link on the right of this domain.
- Click the View icon to see your statistics report.
Note: To use Urchin, you need to buy a license.
U can also use Reverse Traceroute
This net troubleshooting tool allows you to ping any Internet host from your hosting server. In other words, you can use this tool to determine if a host is reachable and how long it takes for the signal to go all the way through.
To launch the Reverse Traceroute tool, do the following:
* Select Trace Route link in the Domain Settings menu.
* In the form that appears, enter the host name or the IP address of the server you would like to ping
*Select the timout period. If you see the connection is slow, select a bigger period.
* Click Trace and wait for the result. The next page will show all the hosts that were passed to reach the target server.