What are the Disadvantages of an Affordable Web Hosting Service?
1. Technical and customer support is not available with most web site hosting services that offer cheap or low costs. But there are some who are able to find a handful of affordable web hosts that do have 24-hour technical support. What you actually need to do is continue to find those types of web host providers.
2. Getting a cheap website hosting service can mean having to put up with streamers and advertisements that could be very irritating but unfortunately unavoidable. This could affect the efficiency of your product endorsements.
This is really a huge hassle especially if you have been promoting your web site for business purposes. The presence of those banners will divide your readers attention – that of your web contents and that of the third-party ads. There is the risk that your readers will likely to pay more attention to those ads than what you are trying to convey in your web site. Thus, forfeiting the purpose of having a web site. Web host providers are doing this, especially those under their affordable web site hosting service plan, to generate more money.
3. Limited disk space and bandwidth. Cheap web hosting do not offer much disk space storage. This can serve as a hindrance especially if you are projecting to expand your web site through having more web contents such as graphics, video and audio files. The bandwidth (data transfer) in affordable web site hosting service is also limited.
Some web sites which are being hosted by cheap web site host providers are usually prone to down time. A reflection on the kind of services which cheap web hosting plans are known about. But, then again, this does not apply to all; there are still some cheap web hosting out there that are mindful to their clients’ needs and concerns. One should also see in a wider perspective that if your server frequently crashes down, there is a tendency to lose your clients.
Some more disadvantages are-
1. Low-cost web hosting do not usually have an ideal internet speed connection. This can greatly affect the number of visitors your web site will gain. Notably, people do not have much patience to web sites that cannot be accessed easily due to slow server speed. If your server is slow and the downloading of files takes a lot of minutes, people have the tendency not to revisit your web site next time they go online. And this means economic loss for your part.
2. Security is always at risk among cheap web hosting services. Security support system is not that sophisticated and is quite loose which can result to easy hacking of your web site. The web host provider might not have back-up services; hence, you will have a hard time (or worst, not having at all) accessing the root menu.
It is predicted that low-cost web host providers will become financially incapable of running the business and will shut down as a result. The consequence of this is that you will lose money while having to change web host providers. Another consequence is that you will be giving your clients a hard time when they, too, have to adjust to the change.