I am planning to move my site to cpwebhosting.net very soon as they seem to be reputed and reliable hosts. My only concern is will switching host providers have any effect on my site’s ranking in Google and other major search engines?
Switching hosts should not affect the site’s ranking as your content and link backs are the same even after you change your host.
If your site server location change then it might affect the google ranking.
for example If your site is UK based and it is hosted on US servers then it might affect the google ranking
My site is currently hosted on US servers, now i m planning to move my site to cpwebhosting.net servers and they are also US based host and their server are located at Atlanta(US). I have seen good reviews about them online and one of my friends also recommended cpwebhosting.net to me.
switching to new host will not affect your Google ranking.
What I will suggest you to ensure following things before switching to any new host :
* Ensure that the new web hosting plan you’ve chosen offers you the enough storage space to handle all of your current website storage requirements.
* Does your new web hosting plan offer you the same amount of email accounts, auto responders and mail forwards that you presently use?
* If you are making use of any scripts on your site, ensure that your new web hosting company supports all your scripts.
* Do you know how to properly upload your site files & data to the new server? If you don’t know perfectly, you’ll need to find out if your new web host’s technical support staff will upload your files for you. Some of them apply charges for doing so.
* Find out if your new hosting plan delivers you the same or more bandwidth that your current host provides. Don’t compromise in bandwidth or you may face problems.
Thanx Axe Solutions,
I have checked cpwebhosting.net services and find that it will be best for me.Now that it’s clear that switching hosts won’t affect the site’s rankings, I shall move to cpwebhosting.net soon