How this summary disk space is calculated, can anyone provide me some idea ?
On the basis of Summary Disk Space, Disk space usage is calculated. This is the total amount of space you can use across on servers. It is inclusive of web space (for website files), mail space and database space. This space is based on average usage and not allocation. After Every 24 hours, system calculates how much total data you are storing on servers (web + e-mail + database). At the end of a 30 day month, it would have 30 readings. The average of these 30 readings would be taken and that would be your actual summary disk space usage for that month.
Please, also tell me what is the disk quota ?
In Every 24 hours the system scans your home FTP directory to see how much web disk is used under your account. It shows how much FTP disk space you are using out of your Disk Quota.
When you reach your Disk Limit, the system will not let you upload anything into your FTP home directory. You cannot store more MBs than your Disk Quota allows.
Glad to see that you were able to get the information and your question asked. Sorry I could not come in and help you out here. But I will keep this information for future reference. thanks
It shows how much FTP (web), mail and DB disk space all together you are using of your Disk Usage limit.
a) the Last Day’s Usage
– every 24 hours all servers (web, mail, MySQL, etc.) are scanned, and all actually used disk space is summarized to make your Summary Disk Usage for the last day;
b) the Average Usage for the current disk usage cycle of your Disk Usage Limit
– for billing purposes, the system also monitors your average disk usage for the disk usage cycle. From the beginning of this cycle, summary readings of each daily scan are added up, and the cumulative amount is divided by the number of days elapsed since the cycle starting date.
Disk Usage Limit doesn’t stop you from using more disk space. But if you go over it, you will be charged overlimit fee for it. Keep in mind that your hosting plan might be configured to suspend your account if you reach/exceed your Disk Usage Limit. Before suspension, you would be usually notified by e-mail of approaching your limit.
However, you can change your Disk Usage limit, in this case:
1. Your current disk usage cycle is closed.
2. You are refunded recurrent fee for the days remaining to the end of the disk usage cycle.
3. Your disk usage limit is prorated to the days elapsed from the beginning of the disk usage cycle. And if your average disk usage is more than this, you are charged extra fee for the overlimit.
4. A new disk usage cycle is opened.
5. If you are increasing your disk usage limit, you will usually pay recurrent fee for the increased amount, which is usually less than extra/usage fee.
Your hosting plan can prevent you from setting very high Disk Usage limit.
Yes, I do agree with you that, Disk Usage Limit doesn’t stop you from using more disk space and if you go over it, you will be charged overlimit fee for it.
But, I think, Before suspension, support usually notify by e-mail of approaching your limit.
Can I set Disk Usage limit at level I want?
Well, Your hosting plan can prevent you from setting very high Disk Quota
Where I can find the disk quota statistics ?