I run a fairly busy forum which is exceeding the performance limits of our current hardware. We have built a new server which I have tested to some degree, but I’d like to be able to simulate the load of perhaps 1000 forum-goers browsing, searching, posting etc in vbulletin. I’ve looked for a tool that can be used to simulate many users, perhaps run a recorded batch of actions etc, but haven’t had any luck. Ideally I’d be able to simulate 1000+ users from only 4 or 5 PC’s on the same LAN as the server. Anyone have any ideas?
A tool jmeter can help u
What does it do?
Apache JMeter features include:
* Can load and performance test HTTP and FTP servers as well as arbitrary database queries (via JDBC)
* Complete portability and 100% Java purity .
* Full Swing and lightweight component support (precompiled JAR uses packages javax.swing.* ).
* Full multithreading framework allows concurrent sampling by many threads and simultaneous sampling of different functions by seperate thread groups.
* Careful GUI design allows faster operation and more precise timings.
* Caching and offline analysis/replaying of test results.
* Highly Extensible:
– Pluggable Samplers allow unlimited testing capabilities.
-Several load statistics may be choosen with pluggable timers .
– Data analysis and visualization plugins allow great extendibility as well as personalization.